It is a state level entrance exam which is conducted by the Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (BCECEB) for the academic session 2018-19.
BCECEB is going to conduct the BCECE 2018 for the admission of the candidates into various Engineering, Pharmacy and Agriculture courses. Candidates can take the admission in the institute and colleges of the Bihar state.
Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination (BCECE) is organized in two stages and qualifying both stages is compulsory to get admission in the mentioned courses.
BCECE 2018-2019 Important Dates
|Name of the Events||Important Dates|
|Starting Date of Application Form||In the first week of February 2018|
|Last Date for Submission of Application Form||In the last week of February 2018|
|Last Date for Submission of Application Fee by e-Challan||In the first week of March 2018|
|Last Date for Submission of Application Fee by net banking or credit card or by debit card||In the first week of March 2018|
|Last Date for Submission of hard copy of Application Form||In the third week of March 2018|
|Admit Card Issue Date (Stage 1)||In the first week of April 2018|
|Admit Card Issue Date (Stage 2)||In the first week of May 2018|
|BCECE 2018 (Stage 1) Date||In the third week of April 2018|
|BCECE 2018 (Stage 2) Date||In the third week of May 2018|
|Result Date (Stage 1)||In the last week of April 2018|
|Result Date (Stage 2)||In the third week of June 2018|
BCECE 2018-2019 Application Fee
Candidates can pay the fee by the e-Challan, by net banking or credit card or by debit card before the last date for paying the application Fee. The e-challan can be paid in any branch of the State Bank of India (SBI). The details of the application fee are given below:
Application Fee for the One Course:
- Application Fee for the General and OBC Category’s Candidates is Rs.660
- Application Fee for the SC and ST Category’s Candidates is Rs.330
Application Fee for the Four Course:
- Application Fee for the General and OBC Category’s Candidates is Rs.730
- Application Fee for the SC and ST Category’s Candidates is Rs.365
Note: Candidates must send the hard copy of the application with the paid e-Challan on the given address below:
Controller of Examination, B.C.E.C.E. Board
I.A.S. Association Building,
Near Patna Airport,
P.O. B.V. College, Patna-800014.
BCECE 2018-2019 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate must be an Indian.
- Candidate must have the domicile of the Bihar State.
The minimum age for applying is 17 years and the maximum age is not defined by the authority.
Educational Qualifications for Engineering Courses:
- Candidate must have passed 12th Standard from any recognized Board of Education.
- Candidate must have studied Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry or Biology in the 12th Standard.
- Candidate must have a score of at least 45% marks in the 12th Standard and for all those candidates who belongs to SC or ST category, the required pass percentage is 40%.
Educational Qualifications for Pharmacy Courses:
- Candidate must have completed 12th Standard from any recognized Board of Education.
- Candidate must have taken Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology in the 12th Standard.
- The eligibility score is at least 45% marks in the 12th Standard for general candidates and 40% for SC/ ST.
- Candidates who are going to appear for the exams of 12th Standard are also eligible to apply.
BCECE 2018-2019 Exam Pattern
There are two stages in the exam. All the questions are objective type questions. The duration of the stage 1 is of 75 minutes and duration of the stage 2 is of 90 minutes. The questions will be asked in two different languages i.e. English and Hindi. There is also negative marking. For each correct answer, 4 marks will be rewarded and 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
|Name of the Subjects||Questions|
|Name of the Subjects||Questions|
BCECE 2018-2019 Reservation of Seats
|Name of the Category||Reservation of Seats|
|Extremely Backward Class (OBC)||18% seats|
|Reserved Category Girls (RCG)||3% seats|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||16% seats|
|Backward Class (BC)||12% seats|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||1% seats|
How to Prepare for BCECE:
Here, we are highlighting some tips on how to prepare for BCECE:
- Students must gather all the essential information about BCECE including syllabus and exam pattern.
- Lots of study material are available online and offline for BCECE preparation. Candidates can refer best books for their exam preparation.
- Manage your time effectively.
- Take proper sleep.
- Revise all the important topics before going for the exam.
- Practice previous years question papers to get the idea about the type of question paper.
- Try to attempt all the questions. The questions should not be left as there will be no negative marking in the examination.