Centralized Admission Committee is known as CENTAC. it conducts the admission process of students into various government universities of Pondicherry and other states or union territories. CENTAC2018 will be organized for serving admission into various Bachelor courses in the streams of pharmacy, engineering, etc. There will be no entrance test of CENTAC 2018. Admission wholly depends on the performance of an individual in the 10+2 or its equivalent board exam. In this article, aspiriants get complete details about CENTAC 2018.
CENTAC APPLICATION FORM:
CENTAC 2018 Application Form is available through online mode or you can download the form. The Application form will be available from the 3rd week of May 2018 and the last date of submission of the application form will be the last week of May 2018. While filling the application form, candidates must enter their valid mobile number & scanned image of the photograph in prescribed format. Thereafter, they need to upload recently clicked color photograph in the file size from 20KB TO 25 KB. Candidates, who wish to take admission in Law courses, have to submit separate forms. After the submission of application form, candidates take a printed copy of the filled application form & send it by post in person to the given address along with all the required documents:
CENTAC office PEC campus, Pillaichavady,
Documents needed for Application Form
Candidates have to attach the following documents with the printout of the application form:
- 10thand 12th or equivalent exam mark sheet
- Birth Certificate
- Nationality Certificate
- Hard copy of form
- Copy of Online Payment
- Permanent Integrated Certificate
- Residence Certificate
- Special Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Community Certificate (if applicable)
- Sports certificate
- SSLC Certificate
Candidates can make the online payment of requisite application fee by using debit card/credit card/net banking.
|S.No.||For general category||For reserved category|
|1.||For 1 course||500||250|
|2.||For 2 courses||750||375|
|3.||For three courses||1000||500|
Candidates must be an Indian citizen. Lower age limit is 17 years and upper age limit will be 21(FOR B.Tech). Age relaxation of three years is applicable to SC candidates.
For B.Tech Course:
- Passed 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board.
- Qualify the above examination with Physics & Mathematics along with one of the given subjects: Chemistry/Biology/Bio-Technology/Computer Science.
- Secure minimum 45% marks (40% marks in case of reserved category).
For B.Pharma Course:
- Qualified the 12th or equivalent examination from a recognized board.
- Passed the above examination with Physics & Chemistry along with one of the given subjects: Mathematics /Biology/Bio-Technology/Computer Science.
- Score at least 45% marks (40% marks in case of reserved category).
For BAMS Course:
- Passed the 10+2 examination from a recognized board.
- Qualified the above exam with Physics, Biology, Chemistry & English subjects individually.
- Obtained at least 50% marks (For GEN), 40% marks (For SC/ST/OPH) & 45% marks (For OBC/BCM/MBC/EBC/OPH (GEN & OBC).
DATES TO REMEMBER
Below, we have updated the tentative schedule of CENTAC 2018:
|Online Application Availability||3rd week of May 2018|
|Last Date of form submission||Last week of May 2018|
|Last Date of receipt of online printout||2nd week of June 2018|
|Merit List Published||4th week of June 2018|
|Counseling Start date||4th week of July 2018|
Candidates can check their result online on the CENTAC portal. The authority will declare the result on the official website.
CENTAC COUNSELLING 2018
Candidate will be informed about the counseling through a public notification on the official website or by the call letters. Those candidates whose name will be placed in the merit list will be called to take part in admission counseling. He/she will be required to take all their certificates along with them for verification purpose. During the document verification process, candidate’s original document should be verified.
Counseling will be started from the 4th week of June 2018.
CENTAC ADMISSION 2018
Admission process will be started after the counseling procedure is completed. Candidates will be selected for admission into their preferred courses on the basis of merit list. After completing the counseling process within a week, the conducting authority will release a seat allotment list. Candidates, who won’t appear at the time, the allotted seat will be cancelled. So, candidates will have to appear at the allotted center at the given time.
Maybe in June 2018, the authority will prepare the merit list for admission on the basis of marks scored by the candidates in the qualifying examination.