SRM University conducts SRM Join Entrance Exam every year through which aspiring students are eligible to take admission in all the campuses that come under SRM. It is a university level examination after qualifying which candidates can take admission in UG engineering programme (B.Tech). The exam will be held again in 2018 year as it is compulsory for candidates to pass the joint entrance exam in order to get admission in B.Tech courses. Candidates who are looking forward to clarify SRM JEE exam in upcoming year can avail all the needed details including, Eligibility Criteria, Application Form, Syllabus from here.
SRMJEEE 2018 Exam Date
The higher authorities of SRM have declared some tentative dates for each activity of exam which are mentioned below:
|Application form release||3rd week of November 2017|
|Last date to submit the application||3rd week of March 2018|
|Starting of slot booking||March 2018|
|Availability of admit card||March 2018|
|Exam date||1st week to last week of April 2018|
|Declaration of result||1st week of May 2018|
|Counselling starts||2nd week of May 2018|
SRMJEEE Application Form 2018
All the opportunity seeking candidates can acknowledge the required details to fill application form successfully from below mentioned points:
- The application form of 2018 entrance exam will be available online and can be filled by visiting official site of SRM.
- Candidates are able to get the application form from third week of November 2017.
- In order to finish the very first step of filling application form, all the candidates must register themselves.
- After registering on the site, candidates will get the login ID and Password using which candidates can fill up their application form online.
- All the candidates must upload their scanned coloured photograph, signature & 10th& 12th mark sheets.
- The next step is to pay the application fee via online mode.
- Candidates are suggested to take printout of the application form for future references.
All the students who are appearing for 2018 entrance exam of SRM JEE must have to pay amount of Rs. 1060/- which can be paid via online mode only.
Just like exam dates, the authorities also declared an eligibility criteria for candidates. Students who are clear with the below mentioned criteria allowed to appear in the 2018 SRM JEE examination.
- Nationality of candidate must be Indian, NRI and PIO & OCI card holder issued by the government of India in order to apply.
- Age: Candidates should have completed the age of 17 yearsas on 31st December of the admission year.
Qualification Eligibility for B.Tech:
- Qualification: Candidate must have passed 12th exams from any recognized board or institution. Students who are appearing for the same can also apply.
- Subject:Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as a major subject from any board.
- Percentage:60% aggregate in PCM for Kattankulathur, Ramapuram and Vadapalani campuses and 55% for NCR, Delhi campus.
SRMJEEE Exam Pattern
- Mode:Entrance examination will be held only through online mode.
- Language: Question paper will be published only in English language.
- Negative marking:There will be no negative marking scheme in 2018 exam.
- Duration: Candidates will be provided total time of 2:30 hours to complete the exam.
- Subjects:Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology.
- Question Type: Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ).
Below mentioned is the complete structure of exam paper that will be come in upcoming year.
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Marks/Question||Marks|
|Part1 – Physics||35||3||105|
|Part2 – Chemistry||35||3||105|
|Part3 – Mathematics||35||3||105|
|Part4 – Biology||50||2.1||–|
As cleared to each appearing candidate, there will be four subjects asked in the entrance exam of 2018. The complete syllabus of all four subjects are this:
- Units and Measurement
- Mechanics of Solids and Fluids
- Ray and Wave Optics, Electricity and Magnetism
- Oscillations and Wave Motions
- Heat and Thermodynamics
- Atomic Physics and Relatively
- Dual Nature of Matter and Nuclear Physics
- Electronics & Communication, etc.
- Atomic Structure
- Chemical Families: Periodic Properties, Chemical Bonding, Molecular Structure and S & P- block elements
- States of matter
- Chemical Thermodynamics & Energetic
- Chemical Equilibrium
- Purification and Characterization of Organic Compounds
- Some Basic Principles of Organic Chemistry
- Surface Chemistry
- Chemical Kinetics
- Catalysis and Nuclear Chemistry
- Organic Compounds Containing Oxygen
- Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations
- Determinants and their Applications
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- Bio Molecules
- Polymers, etc.
- Relations and Functions
- Differential Calculus and its applications
- Integral Calculus & Differential Equations of First order
- Analytical Geometry
- Vector Algebra
- Statistics and Probability
- Complex Numbers
- Quadratic Equations, etc.
- Taxonomy of Angiosperm
- Plant Anatomy
- Cell Biology and Genetics
- Plant Physiology
- Biology in Human Welfare, etc.