VITMEE (VIT Master’s Entrance Examination) 2018 entrance exam will be conducted by VIT (Vellore Institute of Technology) University in the month of June’18. This exam is categorised as a university based entrance exam and by clearing VITMEE test, candidates are eligible to get admission in master courses such as MCA, M. Tech, M. Tech (by research) & Integrated Ph. D. VIT conducts VITMEE exam once in a year and thus, the opportunity seekers will only get one chance in a year to crack this exam with top ranks. All candidates who successfully qualify the test will be offered admissions in the campuses (Vellore & Chennai) of VIT University. Aspirants who have already ranked in GATE exam also need to qualify VITMEE 2018 entrance exam in order to abide by the admission guidelines of VIT University. Candidates can easily grab all the related information about VITMEE 2018 exams here.
VITMEE 2018 Tentative Exam Date
Before applying for any other entrance test, candidates must check the recent declarations of all the activities including, filling application form, last date of submission, exam date & result out date of VITMEE 2018. Candidates can check the dates from here:
|Issue of Application form||2nd week of March 2018|
|Last date to Fill Application Form||3rd week of May 2018|
|Slot Booking Starts||4th week of May 2018|
|Date of Exam||1st week of June 2018|
|Declaration of Result||2nd week of June 2018|
|Counselling Starts||4th week of June 2018|
VITMEE 2018 Application Form
VIT University will provide online platform for filling up the application form to students. Candidates, who wish to appear in 2018 exam, need to fill the application form via official site of university and submit the form at site as well. Opportunity seekers can instantly start filling their forms from the month of March’18 and will able to fill the form latest by May’18. As 3rd week of May’18 is declared as the last week of filling up the application form. In order to fill the application form nicely, candidates must keep some scanned documents like current photograph of dimension 3.5 cm X 4.5 cm & size in between 10KB to 200 KB and signature of dimension 3.5 cm X 1.5 cm & size same as to photograph ready.
Interested candidates can follow these quick steps to apply for VITMEE 2018 entrance exams:
- Go to the official website of VIT University and click on “New Applicant” tab over there.
- Enter all the required details of yours in the registration form opened on the screen and then click on “Submit” button.
- After completing the registration process, candidates can check their mail Id to receive password.
- By entering the right credentials, candidates can login to their account.
- Till now candidates have created their own account on the site of university. To fill the application form, enter all the details correctly.
- Upload the aforesaid scanned documents to complete the form.
- Pay the application fee via any mode and with paying the fee, candidates are done with procedure of filling up the application form.
- Take print-out of the filled application for future use.
The tentative dates of application form related activities are given below, candidates are requested to remember dates for avoiding delays.
|Starting of online application form||March 2018|
|Closing date for the submission of application form||May 2018|
|Last date to edit application form||May 2018|
|Date for checking application status||After few weeks of application submission|
The fee for filling the application form is Rs. 950/- which candidates have to pay right after submitting the scanned documents. Candidates can pay the fee to University via online portals such as net banking/ credit/ debit cards.
VITMEE 2018 Eligibility Criteria
There is a particular set of criteria defined by the University itself which have to be followed by each student wishing to appear in the upcoming 2018 entrance test. Only the Candidates, who are eligible as per below mentioned criteria, can only appear in the exam.
- Candidate’s nationality should be Indian i.e. candidate must be permanent resident of India.
- Candidate should have completed their graduation from any reputed college situated in India.
- NRI/PIO & Foreign candidates can also apply for the test but separate application form will be released for them.
Tech (Master of Technology)
Candidates must carry a degree of B.Tech/BE or any equivalent degree from a recognized university. All the students must secure minimum aggregate of 60% or equivalent marks in the qualifying examination. Candidates, who are in the last year of their study, can also apply for the entrance exam but they have to submit their passing year certificate before 15th August 2018.
MCA (Master of Computer Application):
Candidates must have a degree of three-year course i.e. BCA, B. Sc (IT/Computer Science) from any reputed university and must have Mathematics as subject in the course. Candidates must hold minimum score of 60% in the qualifying examination.
VITMEE 2018 Exam Pattern
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be held through online mode (Computer Based Test).
- Type of Question: The question paper will be consisting of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ).
- of Questions: 100 questions will be asked in the examination.
- Duration of Exam: The duration of the examination will be 2 hours.
- Marking Scheme: One mark will be allotted to the candidates for correct response.
- Negative Marking: There is no negative markingfor wrong answers.
|Subjects||Total No. of Questions|
VITMEE 2018 Syllabus
Candidates, who want to score good in VITMEE entrance exam, should go through VITMEE syllabus which basically consists of M. Tech & MCA courses syllabus. English Communication paper is mandatory for all the courses. It generally includes Grammar, Writing Technical Instructions, Writing Memos & Writing Minutes, Transcoding, Preparing Questionnaire & Proof Reading.
The M. Tech syllabus consists of:
- Bio-Medical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Instrumentation Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Life Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering
- Information Technology & Computer & Communication Engineering
- Nano Technology
The MCA syllabus consists of:
- Date Structures
- Programming in C
- Database Management Systems
- Operating Systems & Computer Architecture.