JEE- Joint Entrance Examination is conducted to offer admission to interested candidates in undergrad engineering institutes like NITs (National Institute of Technology), IIITs (Indian Institute of Information Technology), IITs (Indian Institute of Technology) and other centrally funded technical institutions (CFTIs). Engineers have always been in demand. So the aspirants willing to pursue their career in Engineering and willing to enter these institutes are required to sit for the JEE.
Prior to the Joint Entrance Examination, two different examinations were held for the admission purpose, the AIEEE and the IIT-JEE. Now-a-days the AIEEE and IIT-JEE is replaced by a single examination structure, the JEE-Main and JEE-Advance respectively. The JEE-Main which replaced the AIEEE, is conducted for the admission of students in NITs and IIITs. The JEE-Advance which replaced IIT-JEE is conducted for the admission of students in IITs. Students able to clear JEE-Main can apply for JEE-Advanced.
About JEE-Main & JEE-Advanced (Details and Question Pattern)
The JEE-Main has two papers, Paper-1 and Paper-2, both containing objective type questions. Students appearing for JEE-Main can appear for either one or both the papers. While Paper-1 is for students pursuing Engineering (B.E, B.Tech), Paper-2 is for students pursuing Architecture (B.Arch, B.Planning). Paper-1 is conducted in both online and offline modes. Paper-2 is conducted in offline mode only.
JEE-Main 2018 Exam Pattern (Paper-1 & Paper-2)
|Duration of Exam||3 Hours|
Questions of equal weightage from:
Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics.
|Total Number of Questions||90|
|Subject wise number of Questions||30|
Types of Questions
Objective type questions with a single correct option.
|Duration of the Exam||3 Hours|
|Question Paper Details||
|Marking Scheme||Part 1 and Part 2:
The JEE-Advanced 2018 will be conducted in online mode. The JEE-Advanced question pattern keeps on changing year to year (no drastic changes made). Till 2017, JEE-Advanced had been conducted in offline mode. The JEE-Advanced has two papers, Paper-1 & Paper-2 and it is compulsory to appear in both the papers. Both the papers will have questions from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
Quick review on JEE-Advanced Exam 2018
- JEE-Advanced 2018 will be conducted for 2 papers: Paper-1 and Paper-2. Candidates must appear for both the papers.
- Both the papers will have questions from 3 sections- Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- The entrance examination is expected to be held in online mode from 2018 and will be held by IIT Kanpur.
- Each of the two papers will be held for duration of 3 hours.
- The marking scheme may have concepts of Full Marking, Partial Marking, Zero Marking and Negative marking.
- The questions may be of multiple choice/ objective type and numerical in nature.
Best Free Learning Platforms for JEE 2018
Today the internet is brimming with online study resources as there is no death of free online study materials. This has made preparation for JEE and other entrance examinations hassle-free. There is availability of various study materials at no cost and students aiming for higher scores in JEE must opt for these resources to get that extra guidance. Here is a list of some of the top rated free learning platforms that has helped students to ensure solid preparation in previous years:
- KHAN ACADEMY: Khan Academy offers practice exercises, instructional videos, and a personalised learning dashboard that empowers learners to study at their own pace in and outside of the classroom. Khan Academy is absolutely for free, which contains no ads or subscriptions. Visit website: https://www.khanacademy.org/test-prep/iit-jee-subject.
- NLYTNLEARNING SYSTEMS PVT. LTD: NlytnLearning was formulated to emphasize on the human minds power of visualisation, and then utilise it to greatly ease a students preparations for the various entrance exams, JEE being one of them. They have developed, edited and validated the proper illustrations for each and every concept of the course. Visit website: http://www.nlytn.in/demo.php.
- TYC ONLINE: Here the students can prepare for their Engineering Entrance examinations, both JEE-Main and JEE-Advanced with their Mock Tests, topic based Featured Tests and Solved Previous Year Papers. Visit website: http://www.tyconline.com/exam-preparation-engineering-entrance-free-iit-jee-aieee-papers-and-preparation-test/10043/engineering-entrance.
- EMBIBE: Embibe helps aspirants preparing for JEE at a free cost, and trains them to manage time and prepare their own strategies. Visit Website: http://www.embibe.com/engineering/test/jee-main.
- YOUTH4WORK: The Youth4Work provides free online Prep Tests, questions banks etc for JEE-Main and Advanced. Visit Website: http://www.prep.youth4work.com/Engineering/JEE-Main-Test.